This is to welcome my new students of idioma Empresarial I - Inglés who attend in the morning. Hi!, how are you?
I hope you are happy and that you have had a brilliant learning experience with your examination period.
The first thing I would like to tell you is that you can post any comments you like in English to this blog. Comments and suggestions on the lessons are particularly welcome.
To start, this is the course syllabus.
This is also a forum for this year's special volunteer work, which will consist in:
* you get a group (the larger the better, but you you can also get rid of people who do not share in the work of the group.
* The goal of the group will be two-fold:
** First, to create a blog of the group, preferably in English.
** Second, to use the blog regularly as a portfolio for the volunteer group presentation you will give to the rest of the class in May (3 or 4 minute oral participation per group member).
To create the blog, just follow the instruction in this page. It is a really simple three-step process. Once you have created the group's blog, post a link to it as an answer to this post.
In the blog you have to keep a record of:
* The group meetings (in the form of minutes for each group meeting; they must be agreed upon and signed by every member of the group and given conformity by the teacher after they've been voted; for each meeting there must be a secretary to take notes for doing the minutes; The secretarial post should rotate among the members of the work group; the first point in the agenda of each meeting will be to vote the previous minutes).
* The materials used for the preparation of the presentation (links, scanned material, etc.)
* The conceptual maps prepared on the topic of the presentation.
* The outline versions of the presentation.
* The videos or mp3 files with the rehearsals of the presentation.
* The final video of the presentation.
The topic will be free and should be agreed upon by the members of the group in the first meeting.
The group needs to agree on a group name, and have the blog linked in an answer to this post.
Any conceptual maps made by the teams that you consider valuable can also be included as a answer to this post and will be marked by the teacher as an extra volunteer work.
Good luck and good team work!